As popular as Android Os, most people still find it challenging to install Android applications on their Android smartphones. Are they new to it, or are they used to installing an app from Google Play? Either way, this guide will walk you through how you can install android apps manually and solve related issues.
If you find the need to download an application (.Apk) file from a third-party site, you will need to install such an application manually. Here is a complete guide to installing an android app manually.
Guide to installing APK, APKs, XAPK, and OBB Files
What is an Apk file?
Android package (apk) is the file format used by the Android operating system to distribute and install mobile apps, and middleware.Apk is the file extension for any android application. It is like an archive that compresses android application files.
How to install Apk file
- Firstly, you have to enable unknown source installation. On default, Android privacy prevents installing apps downloaded from third-party sites. Navigate to your device Settings ⇒ Security ⇒ to allow unknown sources and then toggle unknown sources. Settings might differ for the latest android versions.
- Now, go to your file storage and locate the apk file you wish to install. It should be in the download folder if you’ve saved it to another location.
- Tap the file and tap install.
- After successful installation, launch the application or game and enjoy.
What is an OBB file
Opaque Binary Blob files, abbreviated as OBB files, are expanded files used by some android games. This file contains data not stored in the application’s main package (.APK).
How to Installing app with OBB data
If the application you are installing has an OBB file, follow the steps below;
- Download the Apk file from ladMods.com, install but don’t open it after installation.
- If your file manager doesn’t support zip files, download the Obb file and unzip it using ZArchiver Pro Apk.
- Locate the Obb data folder in the file you just extracted.
- Move the folder to /SDCARD/Android/OBB
- Then lunch application.
What is APKs?
APKs are the collection of multiple APK files with a single file. Unfortunately, the new Google Play format makes it impossible to share APK files with the Android App bundle release. Hence, the need for APKs.
However, APKs cannot be installed like regular APK files. To install APKs, you need to use XAPKS Installer.
What is XAPK?
XAPK is the combination of APK and OBB files. You only need to download the XAPK file instead of downloading APK and OBB files separately.
How to install APKs and XAPK
To install APKs or XAPK, you need to have the XAPKS Installer installed on your device. Then, you can search The Web or Google Play for the best XAPKS installer.
- Open XAPKS Installer -> select Install
- Navigate to the location of the downloaded APKs / XAPK / OBB file -> Select the file you want to install
- The installation window will appear—select install.
Common problems and how to solve them
- Error ‘App not installed.‘
- You might get this error if you have another version of the app already installed on your device. Kindly Uninstall it.
- If this error persists, the Play Protect feature may be turned on. Please turn off Play Protect.
- This error may occur if it does not support the Apk file. For example, if the app is meant for Android 5.0 and above, it is impossible to install it on Android versions below 5.0.
- If this doesn’t work, then try restarting your phone.
- Error ‘Download failed because you may not have purchased this app.’
- This error occurs if you don’t copy the Obb file to the correct folder or the OBB file is not compatible with the application version.
If you have any problem installing apps you downloaded for this site, kindly comment below. We will reply to your comment as soon as possible.
2 comments on "Guide to Install APK, APKs, XAPK & OBB Files"
Hello I have a question I downloaded the modded version but I don’t have unlimited coins nor gold so could you plz tell me thank you.
Modded version of what app?