Push notification is a standard way to get notified when an activity is happening on your device so that you won’t miss out on any updates. Of course, you won’t want to miss any latest songs released by your favorite artiste or podcasts from your favorite host, which is one of the reasons you need to fix any notification problems on your Spotify apps.
If you have been experiencing any Spotify push notification problems and want to fix them, then you are on the right page. Here are issues affecting your Spotify push notification and how to fix them.
How to Fix Spotify Push Notification Problems
Knowing when your favorite podcasts aired or your famous music artiste releases a new song is a privilege you won’t know you have until you stop receiving push notifications. Here are the most common Spotify push notification problem and fixes.
Spotify push notifications not working on Android.
There are three possible reasons why the push notification might stop working.
- Spotify notifications are turned OFF.
- Spotify does not have notification permissions.
- You don’t have the latest version of the Spotify App.
Fix: Turn on Notification on Spotify App
- Log in to your Spotify account.
- At the top right corner, you will see the settings icon ⚙. Click on it.
- On the next page, scroll down until you see Notifications, then click on Choose which notifications to receive.
- Now, you will see notifications options, such as Recommended Music, New Music, Playlists Updates, Concert Notifications, etc.
- Select the preferred notification option. For example, select New Music if you want to receive notification updates on new music.
- Next, tap the Tuggle button to turn it on, where you will receive notifications. For example, you can turn on Puch and Email notifications.
Follow steps 5 and 6 to turn on/off other notification options.
Fix: Turn on notification permission for Spotify on your devices.
Follow the steps below to turn on your device’s notification permission for the Spotify app.
- Navigate to device settings.
- Select “Sound and Notifications.”
- On the next screen, scroll until you see “App notifications,” then tap it.
- You will see another screen showing all apps installed on your devices. Select Spotify.
- On the next screen, you will see the notification option for Spotify. Turn off Block all.
By following the above steps correctly, you’ve successfully turned on notification permission for Spotify on your device. This should fix the Spotify push notification not working issue on your Android device. If not, you should update the Spotify app to the latest version on Google playstore.
Fix Spotify notification won’t go away.
This is very uncommon. However, if you cannot close Spotify playback control on your notification tray, go to your phone settings >> sounds and notifications. Then, scroll down to the Advance tab and select notification access. On the new screen, turn off “Show playback control for other media services.”
Moreover, this won’t permanently fix the issue, but the Spotify notification will go away instantly. If the problem persists, uninstall the app and reinstall it again. You can also check the Spotify forum for possible fixes.
Recommended: How to Close and Delete Spotify Account?
Spotify push notifications can be a great way to keep up with your favorite songs, but they can also be a major annoyance. You can try a few things if you’re having trouble with them. First, make sure that your device’s settings enable push notifications for Spotify. If they are, try restarting the app. If that doesn’t work, try uninstalling and reinstalling the app.
In conclusion, we have listed some of the most common Spotify push notification problems and their potential fixes. We hope this Spotify guide was helpful and that you can now enjoy Spotify uninterrupted.