Photography is a meaningful way to promote and create brand awareness locally and online. Most marketers, content creators, and influencers utilize different photographs to create engagement and awareness, specifically on social media, where posts without images have less attention.
However, many photo editing apps are available for android phones on the play store. These apps can create engaging visual images to skyrocket your brand awareness. Although not all editing comes free, here are the eight best free photo editing apps for android in no particular order.
Best Free Photo Editing Apps For Android
- PicsArt Photo Studio
- Fotor Photo Editor
- Photoshop Express
- Prisma Photo Editor
- YouCam Perfect
PixelLab is an open-source, free photo editing app developed by App Holdings. Pixelab is a one-stop-shop for creating different unique graphics content. Without a piece of expert knowledge, you can use PixelLab to convert your imagination and ideas into graphics. This app is also known for its simplicity in adding text to images. Creating 3D text and logos has never been easier. This app comes with various elements that you can use to enhance text to make it look more professional.
However, PixelLab has various features that are very useful when editing and creating graphics. Some of these features are listed below.
Special Features of PixelLab
- Text: add and customize text images. Use different fonts, including external fonts downloaded from third-party sites. There are also dozens of text effects available, effects including Shadow, Inner Shadow, Stroke, Background, Reflection, Emboss, Mask, 3d text, etc.
- Texture: Add textures to text and images to help visually balance a design composition.
- Background Removal: Built-in background removal tools can remove different types of backgrounds. Be it a green screen, a blue screen, or simply a white background.
- Browse quotes within the app or create your quote.
PicsArt Photo Studio
PicsArt Photo Studio is one of the most used photo editors on mobile devices. With over 500 million downloads on Google Play alone, PicsArt became one of the most used photo editors on Android devices. When it comes to creating hassle-free edits, PicsArt stands out. It also has a creative social community where you can find innovative ideas and share your edits.
There are a series of options available to customize your photos and videos. Other features of Picsart include drawing tools, frames, stickers, and more.
Key Features of PicsArt Photo Studio
- Create excellent drawings with PicsArt draw with fantastic customizable brushes, layers, & pro drawing tools.
- Inbuilt cameras with live effects similar to Snapchat.
- AI-powered photo effects.
- PicsArt also serves as a video editor. You can add a video to an image and edit them to your taste.
However, you will have to deal with ads and some in-app purchases if you cant sign up for a premium membership.
Snapseed is a powerful photo editor developed by Google. As we’ve known Google for providing most of its products for free, this is also applicable to Snapseed. In addition, it is available for free without ads or in-app purchases.
Snapseed has a clean and straightforward user interface. It is user-friendly and easy to navigate. Even though Snapseed is a professional video editor, it can still be used by anyone with basic photo editing knowledge. This app comes with many features. For example, it has 29 varieties of tools and many different filters.
Key Features of Snappseed
- It comes with many professional tools and filters.
- You can save any customized preset and apply it to a new image.
- Selective brush to edit any portion of an image.
- Open RAW DNG files and export them as JPG
Pixlr is an online free image editing tool. The app was published by Inmagine Lab and has gained over 500 million installs on Google play. Capture and edit any moment with Pixlr. It has over 2 million combinations of free effects, overlays, and filters. This app has many tools perfect for photo editing, but you have to deal with ads and in-app purchases.
Some of the Pixlr features include pencil drawings and ink sketches. To create a collage, it can also stylize pictures with doodles and customize the ratio and background.
Key Features of Pixlr
- Auto-fix feature for automatically balancing color in an image.
- You can use a pencil sketch, poster, watercolor, and more to create cool effects.
- The regular release of additional effects, overlays, and border packs.
- Collage feature with up to 25 photos and several layouts, backgrounds, and spacing options.
Fotor Photo Editor
Fotor is one of the most recommended online image editing tools. The app is easy to use and can satisfy your photo editing needs. Using Fotor is straightforward. It has tonnes of fantastic tools and features augmented for image editing.
There are hundreds of special effects that you can use to perfect the looks of images. The photo editor also allows you to make collages with many collage templates. The app is free to download but contains ads and offers in-app purchases.
- Over 200 unique stickers are available.
- Series of collage templates available with personalized college settings.
- There are up to 13 different auto-enhancement options for various lighting, shadow, etc.
Adobe Photoshop Express is another excellent app for image editing on Android devices. It has a minimalist and straightforward user interface that fit-in into almost every screen size. In addition, the app comes with the essential tools required for nearly every aspect of photo editing.
Some of the features of Photoshop Express include one-touch filters, a variety of effects, colors, auto-fixes, frames, etc. The app is free to download. It comes without ads but offers in-app purchases.
key Features of Photoshop Express
- Perspective correction to fix crook images and correct distorted camera angles.
- Users can save images in different formats, including PNG and JPG.
- You can directly post and share your quality creativity on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Flickr, and other social platforms.
- Many spectra of tools are available at your fingertips.
Prisma Photo Editor
Do you want a photo editor with amazing effects to transform your photos into paintings? Then you should consider Prisma Photo Editor. This excellent photo editor has over 50 million installs, and it’s compatible with android versions from 4.4 and above.
Prisma has the most significant artistic style, with over 300 art styles in Prisma’s art filter library. Suppose you wish to turn your picture into paintings without hassle, then Prisma Photo Editor. Unfortunately, it is rare to find android apps without ads, so you have to deal with ads and in-app purchases while using this app.
Key Features of Prisma Photo Editor
- Large filter library.
- A New Art filter is added to the library every day.
- Advanced photo enhancement mode
- Join the Prima community to share your creations and showcase your talent.
You can perfectly serve as a beauty camera and photo editor. It comes with different camera filters that beautify your photo. The app has a Face Reshaper, Eye Bag Remover, and Body Slimmer to shrink your waist and make you look thinner instantly. These filters are very realistic. You can hardly differentiate the actual image from the tampered one.
However, YouCam Perfect comes with two different membership options: free and premium. With the premium membership, you enjoy unlimited access to 1000+ exclusive effects, frames, filters, stickers, beautifying tools, and more! While the free option serves you the basic features and ads.
Key Features of YouCam Perfect
- Real-time skin beautifying effects.
- Cloud storage to save and restore images on a different device.
- Amazing Collage and frames for different occasions.
- Multi-face detection for instantly touching up a group selfie.